Monday, September 21, 2015

The End of The Taken King

We did it. Guardians across the universe took down the Taken King this weekend for the very first time. This is such an amazing experience to have in Destiny. The raid included with The Taken King, named King's Fall, is such a unique experience. What I found fascinating about this raid is how this is the first raid in Destiny that we, Guardians, have been the first to dive into. Vault of Glass and Crota's End both had a fireteam enter it before us, with tragic results. However this raid, we are the first team to go and try to take down the Taken King.



Many Guardians, including myself were thrilled to have the raid come out on Friday so we could have the whole weekend to try and take down Oryx. I had to work Friday and part of Saturday so I had to hold off the attempt until Saturday evening. Friday, during my work, I was able to load up the stream with no sound and watch my favorite streamer Versusthestream and his crew go first World First. They, in my opinion, were amazing to watch. They were ahead of most teams and working on learning the mechanics before other teams and got to Oryx quicker than any other team. Unfortunately Teawrex and Gothalion's team were the ones to actually get World First with Versus following shortly. They quickly shouted out Versus after killing Oryx because without them looking at the chat they would not have known what to look for at the 1% part of Oryx. Mad props to everyone going for World First and the teams that ventured into King's Fall.



My journey started Saturday to accomplish the mission of taking down the Taken King. I LFG'd and joined a group that got me to Golgoroth but they couldn't handle the adds so they left the group (it was pretty late and everyone was tired). So then Sunday rolled around and I had plans till 4pm. At 4, I loaded up LFG once more and was able to get into a very cool group that we defeated Golgoroth in about 10 tries and moved onto the sisters which took us equally about 10 tries to accomplish. Now we were at Oryx, the King himself. Our group was quick killing Ogres and activating the platforms but we did not have the DPS to stagger Oryx which guarantees a wipe if you are unable to do so. After about 20 attemts we realize that we just can't accomplish it and we all sent friend requests to try again later when some of the team is higher light levels. Then I hit up LFG once more and was super lucky to find a group that needed 1 more and was at Oryx. The very first go we were able to get him to half health and then we wiped. We knew we had the right team. We could taste it. After about 20 more wipes we defeated him and cried out in joy. I was able to complete my quest and start on the Touch of Malice questline. My loot from the raid was a chestpiece and a hand cannon which I honestly my infuse the weapon to power up something more useful but I don't want to risk it quite yet.



WIth King's Fall done (on my main character), I can finally concentrate on my quests to unlock the PVP weeklies and other questlines that I have been ignoring for other ones. The Taken King has done so much to Destiny, in so many good ways. I honestly didn't expect the game to evolve this much with one expansion and I'm freaking excited to see what else Destiny will do. Bungie, you had me at vanilla Destiny and you keep me interested in Destiny. Thank you. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment